Summit Engineering, Inc. is looking for a professionally licensed structural engineer with proven project management and leadership skills, or a project engineer on track to project manager. This position is responsible for managing engineering projects in the structural engineering discipline or across multiple disciplines. At Summit, Project Managers lead design teams to execute the design of complex projects, organize the efforts of project teams, prepare project proposals, and lead design engineering in their discipline of expertise, manage schedules and budgets, as well as perform business development and generate new work for the firm.
The job requires an emphasis in low rise, high complexity buildings that involve common construction material such as steel, concrete, wood, and masonry, and uncommon materials such as aluminum, and stainless steel.
This unique individual comes with a passion for what they do, an enthusiastic attitude and the ability to work efficiently with a team while managing many tasks in a fast-paced environment. This experienced person will utilize their professional background to provide project management and hands-on design engineering on winery, brewery, custom residential, resort, commercial, and water/wastewater treatment projects. Communication with clients and providing them with quality and creative design solutions are paramount to the success of our firm. The position is located in Santa Rosa, CA, about 90 minutes north of San Francisco.
• B.S. Degree in Civil Engineering or Architectural Engineering with an emphasis in Structural.
• California Professional Engineering License (P.E.).
• QSD/QSP and LEED AP certifications preferred.
• 5+ years engineering experience showing progressively increasing responsibility.
• 2+ years project management experience, including proposal preparation, project staffing, scheduling, monitoring scope and budgets, and construction document preparation. An exceptional candidate who does not have previous project management experience may spend some time in a project engineer role to become familiar with the Summit procedures and projects before being moved into a project management role.
• Experience in the design of wood-framed, concrete and steel-framed structures, including commercial and high-end residential projects.
• Experience using AutoCAD and/or Revit.
• Ability to work on several projects concurrently.
• Ability to focus on the details of a project while understanding the big picture from the project team perspective.
Our Company and our Culture:
At Summit Engineering we highly value our staff, and our staff love clocking into work every day! Our firm has been voted in the North Bay Business Journal’s “Best Places to Work” fourteen years and counting by our staff. We operate on a 9/80 schedule allowing every other Friday off as well as a work from home schedule of one day a week. With a fully stocked kitchen, weekly breakfasts, monthly “Wine Down” staff meetings, and a commitment to high quality work and long-term client relationships, Summit Engineering is the pinnacle of playing hard and working hard.
We are a close network of committed professionals. We work hard. We have fun. We have high expectations of ourselves and one another and help each other to achieve those expectations. We enjoy our work and we like our clients. We dress casually. We treat each other with respect. We have a sense of humor. We are on time. We understand people have full lives. We trust one another. We don't whine, but we do wine. We think this is an awesome place to work.
Please visit our website at www.summit-sr.com for more information. To apply, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.