Another year, another adventure! And we already had a few exciting ones in the first two months!
1. Our first January event was our monthly GBM, this time back at E2 Consulting Engineers in Emeryville. Following our usual discussion of upcoming events, we had a healthy discussion of how various engineering organizations approach goal-setting and progress reports. Michelle posted a neat recap of our discussion on our online forum here.
2. On January 24, we had a joint dinner meeting with ASCE Golden Gate Branch. Arup presented on their recent project, 181 Fremont in San Francisco.
3. We capped off January with a joint social with SEAONC YMF, BAYA, and SEI at The Wreck Room in San Francisco. More than 80 people attended the event, and because of this great turnout, we hope to have more joint socials in the future!
4. Forell/Elsesser Engineers hosted our February GBM. There were 16 attendees, and Morgan Abbett presented on the Envision criteria for sustainable design and infrastructure rating.
5. We had our annual ski trip during the second weekend of February. This time, we went to the snow with ASCE Truckee Meadows, and we had a cozy cabin by Tahoe. Overall, it was a beautiful trip with lots of snow, and lots of shoveling the driveway!
We have more social, volunteering, and networking events in the lineup, so stay tuned! Of course, WRYMC 2019 is also just around the corner, and registration is still open. Several SF YMF members will be attending this conference in the Aloha State, so we hope to see you there!